Friday 27 February 2009

T In The Park? No Can Do :(

OMG TWO POST IN TWO DAYS hahaha.

I just have to get something off my chest that's been bugging me all week...

I CAN'T GO TO T IN THE PARK THIS YEAR SO PLZ STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME JEALOUS!!

I mean, really. It's getting ridiculous. Only one person is doing it deliberately but it really does my box in that it's all everyone's talking about. Every time I see my friend Alastair I get 'haha I'm going to T in the park and you're not!' - what the fuck?! That's so fucking childish! And besides, it's not as if I'm going to be sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring. I'll be in Italy with my dad and my Irish cousin and my stepmum and her parents and the Irish cousin's parents and the Irish cousin's aunt and uncle from the other side of the family and possibly at some point my stepmum's brother and/or sister and maybe my wee cousin Vivi. So fun times all round. And yet it seems quality time with brilliant people, good food and no drinking age can't quite measure up to sleeping in a field and getting progressively smellier while you stand miles away from a wee stage struggling to hear Keane playing one of their moany cheese-face songs. However, these basic truths seem to have passed by the large crew of people in my year who decided to go and do just that.

Even if I wasn't having a better time in a gorgeous rural Italian village that noone's ever heard of, I can't afford it because I'm saving up all my money to go to Rome with friends from a different school as well. That's right, Rome. Mucky Scottish field or Trevi fountain? I know which one I'd choose.

So basically, I'd like people to stfu about festivals and talk about something that involves me, like, I dunno, the dance competition coming up? Although that can get boring too. But still, it's like, 4 weeks away, and kind of a big deal. Pretty much because our school always opens a can of woop ass on the other schools, then we win and get a nice shiny glass trophy. Except this year instead of putting the songs in the programme, they decided to make us all choose a team name.

And guess what my team chose?

Kids.

Want to know what we're dancing to?

'Kids' by MGMT.

Isn't that shit? I wanted to call us Edge, which someone else came up with but I thought it was quite good, but then the moany ones in the group got their way and now we're stuck with Kids. They thought Edge sounded 'gay'. They also thought that Let Go by Frou Frou was 'gay' when everyone else wanted to dance to it, so now we have about 40 seconds of it stuck on at the start. And when someone comes up with a brilliant costume idea, they'll probably go 'No, that's gay!'

You can tell how much I love some of the people on the team, right?

In other news, this is lovely. Go check it out.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment